Section 2 Chart 1 Peer Review Sample with Notes
Students in the Data Visualization for All course come from several different countries, including Australia, Bangladesh, and Belgium.
- Story: Did the author clearly tell a meaningful story about the data, with text and visuals?
- No, this simple statement that students come from “several different countries” is not a very meaningful story.
- Chart Type: Did the author choose a chart type that best matches their data story?
- No. Although a vertical column chart is a good start, a horizontal bar chart would be a better match for these long labels.
- Embed: Did the author embed an interactive chart into the web page?
- No, when you try to float your cursor over the chart, it is a static image, not an interactive visualization.
- Good Design: Did the author follow principles of good chart design?
- No, the chart ignores several design principles, such as:
- Failure to sort data into a meaningful order
- Failure to declutter the chart by removing the unnecessary legend